1. Be cautious when handling injured pets. Animals in pain frequently become aggressive, even when they are normally friendly.
2. DO NOT attempt home remedies. They frequently make the situation worse.
3. If your pet ate medication, rodent poison, chocolate, or any other potentially toxic item bring the wrapper/container with you.
4. If your pet has ingested a potentially poisonous substance, you can call National Animal Poison Control at 1 (888) 426-4435. Please be aware there is a consultation fee associated with this service. They will provide you with a case number that can be referenced if your pet needs emergency treatment by one of our veterinarians.
5. Try to remain calm.